Now it has been over a week since a fantastic team put togethere a fun filled photoshoot at prominent Hamilton landmark venue Liuna Station. Terrence was at the cameras , Models were busy posing ,Julie was occupied with makeup and hair and i was having a blast dressing the models. over 25 gowns made it to the shoot and Terence was able to pull several great shots in differnet locations in the venue. my Favorite ones were at the VIP rooms , it had old world charming victorian feel to the decor of the room. Really nice work. All applauds to the great creators of divine craft .
We are all crazy about good deals. I am for sure and here i want to pass on this excitement to my potential brides who are in for fabulous deals. Why spend half day in maddening traffic crossing the border or travelling to Mississauga, to Davids bridal in hopes of finding the deal of a century??? I am currently offering the Group Sposa gowns for half price,,,,,which is a deal and a half!!!! would you not buy a 2000 dollar designer gown for only half the money??? Call me 905-388-8080 to answer this question and you will receive free alterations on top of this deal!!! is this a SUPER DEALOR WHAT???? GO FOR IT!!!
I am exited to announce as to becoming the exclusive dealer to the Bonny Wedding Gown Collection in Hamilton!!! Brides….. You will find many new samples arriving later in April for almost every taste and need. Gowns will be featured for destination, informal, modest and most exitingly Plus Size Brides. Please check out www.bonny.com for the variety of collections that will be available.
Love is in the air…..And the Fab Fridays are back. Come explore the new wedding gown samples soon. Make sure to book an appointment to assure the personal attention and guidance on your search for your dream gown.
Here is a once in a lifetime chance to be part of the fun reality show. Check it out and good luck!!!
From the Producers of Rich Bride Poor Bridecomes a spinoff… with a twist!
This exciting new series documents the planning of your wedding.
By completing their special Challenge you’ll receive a $5000 budget boost and one of their famous wedding planners from their sister series Rich Bride Poor Bride.
Are you getting married this winter?
Producers are looking for fun couples with big personalities who live in the GTA and with wedding dates in January or February.
Email TODAY to apply!
This is a fun and unique, once-in-a-lifetime experience but due to the confidentiality of the show’s premise, producers withhold further information for couples who apply, so they look forward to hearing from you!
Hello newly engaged couples. At Jeffery Bridal you will have a chance to win free engagement session offered by FOTOFLARE Photography. Drop in to sign up for the draw that takes place every first monday of the week. this offer is limited until December 2010. HURRY IN NOW!!!!
Hello local Brides! dont miss this opportunity to once again see the incredible fashion show featuring Jeffery Bridal collections. The only Hamilton Bridal shop putting out to see trad/mod/destination/theme wedding gowns. this show is on October 17th in Caledonia FairGounds, Old Arena Building.
Learn More http://www.hcbridalshow.com/
Jeffery Bridal by Merike in Hamilton has taken gown shopping expectations to the next level by offering just about everything a bride and her wedding party could want. Having recently been taken over by seamstress, designer and bride-savvy entrepreneur, Merike Laigna, Jeffery Bridal by Merike offers gowns for the entire wedding party, custom designed gowns by Merike herself, alterations on anything and everything, gown cleaning, accessories such as capes and crinolines (to buy or rent – sweet!) and many of the extras that make bridal fashion fabulous.
At Jeffery Bridal, it’s really about you. It doesn’t matter what your size or requests are because if Merike doesn’t already have the gown you want, she can find it, order it, or custom design it just for you. She can get help finding the styles that most flatter your body, and then of course, find all the accessories to match.
With a shop that brides and experts alike are raving about and an owner whose lifelong dream is to do exactly this, there was no question that we wanted to interview and review Jeffery Bridal by Merike. So, in March 2010, staff at The Ring sat down with Merike at her small but busy store on Upper James Street in Hamilton to get the inside scoop on how she’s managed to make gown shopping so much fun – and customized – for local brides who are on a mission to feel beautiful walking down that aisle
READ MORE at www.theweddingring.ca by searching Hamilton/ Gowns,alterations and more
1. Adventure Trips
If reaching for the suntan lotion is your idea of exertion, this honeymoon trend isn’t for you. But if you’re a more active twosome, an afternoon of learning to surf, hiking to the top of the tallest nearby peak, or four-wheeling over rugged terrain are foolproof ways to increase your pulse.
Where to Go
- Taking a safari doesn’t have to mean living like a rhino. Tintswalo Safari Lodge in South Africa is a luxurious base from which to explore the surrounding nature reserve. tintswalo.com
- Crisscross the Mediterranean island of Gozo on a weeklong bike trip. Breakaway Adventures offers “independent” tours, whereby they suggest routes and provide bikes, and then wave good-bye. breakaway-adventures.com
- For the helicopter pilots at Nimmo Bay Resort on Vancouver Island, the top of a glacier is a fine place to drop you off for lunch before whisking you away to other natural landing pads. nimmobay.com
- Get more adventure honeymoon ideas!
Help: Find tour operators for adventures from surfing to storm chasing at voyagetrek.com.
2. Private Villas
Whether it’s a house in the countryside or a collection of bungalows along a stretch of beach, private villa rentals afford a lot of privacy and give guests the sense of having a home away from home. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Definitely.
Where to Go
- The 40 pavilions at Amanyara in Turks and Caicos are made largely of glass and wood to create airy, open spaces from which to enjoy the surroundings. amanresorts.com
- Cotton Bay Villas, opening this year in June on the island of Eleuthera in the Bahamas, will boast 24 villas, a mile-long beach, and two private cays for birthday-suit sunbathing (just don’t skimp on the SPF!). discovercottonbay.com
- The Ritz-Carlton, Bali Resort & Spa has 38 new villas perched on a cliff overlooking the Indian Ocean, each of which has its own plunge pool. ritzcarlton.com
Help: Search 1,600 villas of all sizes in Europe and the Caribbean to find one that fits your honeymoon budget at wimco.com.
3. Green Honeymoons
There’s no real definition of what qualifies a hotel as “green,” but making minimal impact on the surroundings, serving local fare in it’s restaurant, and using solar power are signs that it’s on the right track. These resorts prove going eco can still be posh.
Where to Go
- Fiji’s Turtle Island limits visitors to just 14 couples at a time to ensure the island’s preservation, and organic gardens provide fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices. turtlefiji.com
- Never thought you’d see a zebra grazing in Mexico? You will in the 25,000-acre nature reserve that surrounds Cuixmala resort, along with gazelles and wild boars.
- Machaca Hill Lodge in Belize is located within an 11,000-acre nature reserve, less than 25 percent of which is used by visitors of the resort. machacahill.com
4. Intimate Cruises
We’re not talking about a huge ship swarming with grannies, we mean luxury boats with only a few dozen rooms that can take you to spots that aren’t as fun to reach via planes, trains, and automobiles.
Where to Go
- The Oberoi, Zahra is a week-long luxury cruise on the Nile River. With Egyptologists on board to explain the country’s fascinating history, as well as four massage suites, this voyage is just as educational as it is relaxing. oberoihotels.com
- Island hop between the French Polynesian Leeward Islands aboard a 60-person yacht. Depart from Bora Bora and make stops at the islands of Taha’a, Huahine, and Raiatea during the six-night cruise before returning to Bora Bora. boraboracruises.com
- Love watching Planet Earth? Real life is better than HD on a National Geographic-sponsored tour of the Galapagos Islands, during which you’ll have the chance to glimpse the famous giant tortoises, search the waters for whales and dolphins, and (we’re not making this up) snorkel with penguins. expeditions.com
Help: Find a cruise to fit nearly any itinerary and to practically any destination (including a 108-day “World Cruise”) at crystalcruises.com.
5. The Sporting Life
Roaring crowds and awesome athletes can be a big highlight of any honeymoon. To see a world class sporting event in person can be a thrill, even if you don’t follow the team.
Where to Go
- NASCAR has nothing on Formula 1 Grand Prix racing—for starters, these drivers have to make right-hand turns. F1 speedsters zip around the track from March until October at races around the world, from Malaysia to Monaco. formula1.com
- If your honeymoon doesn’t coincide with a major tennis tourney (who wants to get hushed at Wimbledon, anyway?), have no fear. The pros compete nearly year-round in events on six continents. atptennis.com.
- To understand soccer’s rep as the “beautiful game,” take in a contest in South America. Root for some of Brazil’s squads along with 95,000 other enthusiasts at Maracaña Stadium in Rio de Janeiro. worldstadiums.com
Help: For those who want a sporting event to be the pinnacle of their stateside trip, check out sportstravelandtours.com when it’s time to set the vacation plans.
6. Foodie Trips
A growing appreciation for fine cuisine has put couples on the hunt for once-in-a-lifetime culinary experiences. Whether it’s a restaurant with a 12-course tasting menu, a wine bar with a well-versed sommelier, or a market with the freshest local produce, take advantage of your honeymoon abroad by letting your appetite be your guide.
Where to Go
- Paris has long been considered the world’s culinary epicenter, and at L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon, you can taste small, tapas-style portions of the classics (like foie gras) concocted by one of the top chefs in the world. joel-robuchon.com
- A tasting of more than 100 types of tequila at Esperanza resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, will take you way beyond Patrón. esperanzaresort.com
- At TabaC24 in Barcelona, Carlos Abellan—one-time student in the kitchen of famed Spanish chef Ferran Adriá—serves traditional tapas that make for truly haute cuisine. The potatoes bravas, spicy meatballs, and lemon anchovies (seriously, give them a shot) are all must-try dishes. comerc24.com
Help: Hone your culinary skills in a one-session cooking class. See epiculinary.com for a list of culinary vacations available throughout Italy, France, Spain, and Mexico. Find more of the best destinations for foodie honeymoons.
7. Country Hopping
Couples who don’t get to travel much are splitting their honeymoon between a few different spots. It’s a chance to take advantage of far-flung places you may never travel to again, or to vary the type of trip by spending time in different settings (like a week in the city, then a week on the beach).
Where to Go
- Shop and dine in the bustling city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, and then fly five hours to rest on a beach in The Maldives.
- Get a well-rounded Mediterranean experience by jetting from the Italian island of Sicily to the Greek capital of Athens, with a final stop to see the ancient ruins on Crete.
- Travel to the Caribbean island of Antigua to experience the lively nightlife, and then take a 40-minute flight to Dominica, which is less developed and has a more subdued vibe.
8. Boutique Hotels
Personalized service. Less than 100 rooms. No cookie-cutter style. Such hotels set themselves apart from large chains by creating an experience that’s unique to their property.
Where to Go
- Get an authentic feel for Mexico’s culture at Hacienda San Angel in Puerto Vallarta, with a chef who will serve your dinner anywhere you choose. mexicoboutiquehotels.com
- Stay next door to Buckingham Palace at London’s 41. Each black-and-white room has a marble bathroom and the unmatchable air of gilded aristocracy. 41hotel.com
- Bauer il Palazzo in Venice is more than 100 years old, has 82 rooms and suites, and is located just next to Palazzo San Marco. ilpalazzovenezia.com
* information taken from www.theknot.com (http://wedding.theknot.com/honeymoons/honeymoon-planning/articles/8-hot-honeymoon-trends.aspx?cm_ven=Responsys&cm_cat=NDE&cm_ite=August%2007,%202010&MsdVisit=1)